Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
Once you learn how to air fry tofu, you’ll never make fried tofu any other way! It crisps up perfectly and doesn’t even need oil! A deliciously healthy - and ridiculously easy - vegan recipe for kids and adults alike.
For the Tofu Bites
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp water (mix with chickpea flour to make chickpea "eggs")
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried parsley
For the Ranch Sauce
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 small lemon, juiced
Chop tofu in about ½ inch squares.
Whisk chickpea egg with smoked paprika, salt, ground pepper and dried parsley. Use this mix to coat each piece of tofu and then coat them with almond flour.
Place tofu bites in a heated Air Fryer without overlapping them to assure perfect cooking (it took me two rounds to have them all done).
I cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, follow your own Air Fryer directions if needed. Note: To ensure even cooking, at around the 7 minute mark, I recommend taking out the basket (which should automatically pause your air fryer), shaking the basket a few times to toss the tofu cubes, and then placing it back in the air fryer.
For the ranch sauce, place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse to a smooth texture.
Serve tofu nuggets with ranch sauce and enjoy!
Tips for Making The Best Air Fryer Tofu
Note: This recipe yields around 40 tofu bites and ¾ cup ranch sauce. 1 serving = 6-7 tofu bites + 2 tbsp ranch sauce
- Make sure to press your tofu before you cut it into cubes! This is essential to making sure your tofu bites have the right texture.
- Don't crowd your air fryer basket - you can do this recipe in multiple batches. The tofu bites should all have small spaces between them when placed in the basket.
- Feel free to switch up your marinade for the tofu bites with whatever spices you enjoy.
- To make sure everything cooks evenly, shake your tofu in the basket halfway through cooking.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.4g | Protein: 12.7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 1g