Healthier Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
These healthy deviled eggs made with Greek yogurt are full of flavor and oh so creamy. Transformed with beautiful pastel colors, they make the perfect secretly healthy appetizer for Easter, baby showers, and birthday parties.
Servings: 12 deviled eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs shells removed
- ⅓ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- All Natural Food Coloring any colors you like! Pink, Purple, Orange and Blue were the colors I chose.
Slice each egg in half and remove the yolk.
Place the yolks of the eggs in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the yolks. Add the Greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the bowl and stir until well combined.
To dye the egg whites, fill four small bowls with ½ cup of water. Add two to three drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir to combine. Place one egg white in each bowl and allow to soak for at least five minutes. The longer the egg is left in the water, the brighter the color will be.
When you’re satisfied with the color, remove the egg and place it on a plate to dry. Continue adding more egg whites until all the eggs have been dyed
When the eggs are dry, spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture back in and serve.
Tips for Making Healthy Deviled Eggs
- If making for a crowd, always make a few extra hard boiled eggs in case one of your egg whites cracks when you're taking out the yolks or peeling the eggs
- If you don't have a piping bag, you can just spoon the mixture into the eggs! Or you can use a ziptop bag with a tiny corner cut off to pipe the egg yolk mixture into the eggs. Honestly, spooning the mixture in is faster and easier!
- It's easier to peel eggs that are a few days old! So I typically will buy my eggs about 5 days in advance of hard boiling and peeling them. Also, make sure you cool the eggs completely before peeling them.
Serving: 1deviled egg | Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g