Tofu Skewers with Ginger Soy Marinade
These healthy Tofu Skewers are an easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes! Each kabob has tofu, peaches, onions, zucchini, and a sweet and salty ginger soy marinade that pulls all the flavors together!
- 16 oz firm tofu
- 3 small peaches
- ½ large onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp ginger minced
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar unpacked
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp mustard powder
Combine marinade ingredients. Finely mince ginger and garlic, combine with remaining ingredients, mix and set aside.
Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels, pressing out as much water out as possible.
Cut tofu into 1½ inch cubes. Add to marinade and toss to coat. Set aside while preparing remaining ingredients.
If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water.
Cut zucchini and peach in 1½ inch cubes. Slice onion into 1 inch pieces and break apart so that you have clusters of 2-3 layers.
Turn the tofu pieces in the marinade again. Turn broiler to high.
Assemble the skewers, placing 1-2 pieces of tofu per skewer and evenly distribute the other ingredients.
Place skewers on a grill pan or foil lined baking sheet.
Cook under broiler for 8 minutes. Flip skewers and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes to brown slightly on the other side.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with remaining marinade. Serve immediately.
Variations and Substitutions
Top Tips For Making Tofu Skewers
- Feel free to add additional fruits or swap the peaches with another in season fruit. Watermelon, pineapple, nectarines, pears, apples, are all yummy when grilled.
- Add any additional veggies that you want to the skewers. Tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers and other squashes would be great choices as well.
- You can add some heat to the marinade by adding a dash of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes.
- Don’t overcook the skewers, or they will dry out.
- If you'd prefer, cook these skewers on the outdoor grill!
- Cut the fruits and vegetables so they are uniform in size. This will allow everything to cook properly and at the same rate.
Calories: 183.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 475.4mg | Potassium: 701.5mg | Fiber: 4.5g | Sugar: 13.5g