Mango Nice Cream
Creamy, homemade mango nice cream made with frozen bananas, mangos, natural sweetener, and almond milk, is a dairy-free healthy treat! With 4 simple ingredients, and a few minutes, you’ll have a decadent dessert in no time!
- 12.25 oz frozen mangos
- 2 medium bananas sliced, and frozen
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened plant-milk almond or coconut
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup optional
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Peel bananas and slice. Arrange the slices on the cookie sheet. Make sure to space them out and not overcrowd them. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer and allow the bananas to freeze for 2-3 hours. To save time, you could also do this the night before.
Once banana slices are frozen proceed with the recipe. Place the frozen mango slices into the food processor, add one tablespoon of almond or coconut milk. Pulse until it breaks down, about 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides, then add the frozen banana slices and process on low until the banana has broken down and is well incorporated into the mango. If using the agave or maple syrup, add it now. Slowly add an additional tablespoon of plant milk to help the fruit incorporate if needed.
Scrape down the sides to make sure the fruit is well combined, and there are no lumps. The nice cream will have a soft-serve like consistency. Enjoy it as is, or freeze for a few hours for a thicker consistency. If freezing, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and put in the freezer until frozen through.
When ready to eat, scoop into small bowls. Enjoy!
Top Tips For Making Mango Nice Cream
Each serving has only 3.5 grams of added sugar, the rest is natural sugar from the fruit!
- Using a food processor with the blade attachment is much easier than using a blender. It helps to break down the mango and banana without needing to add too much plant milk.
- Too much plant milk will result in more of a smoothie texture. Just a little plant milk is needed.
- It’s best not to leave the fruit chunky unless that is the way you like it. Making sure it’s all the way blended will leave you a much creamier result.
- You may not need to add any extra sweetener because mangos and bananas are sweet naturally. If you add in the agave or maple syrup, be sure to add just a little bit at a time and taste. Be sure not to add too much at once, or the nice cream may end up too sweet.
- Make sure the bananas you use are ripe, and a bit brown on the outside. The riper the banana, the sweeter the nice cream!
Calories: 106.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.1g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 6.5mg | Potassium: 331.4mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 18.6g