These healthy mini lemon tartlets have a crunchy, nutty crust, and a sweet lemon curd filling. They're a simple handheld dessert perfect for special occasions!
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cold water
For the Lemon Curd:
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp corn starch
Preheat oven to 350 F. Add almonds, cashews, coconut, oats and salt to a food processor. Blitz until its a rough flour consistency. While blending, slowly add coconut oil, maple syrup and water. A thick paste will form.
Press the dough into silicone or regular (lightly greased) muffin molds, forming cup shapes with fingers. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before removing from the molds.
Add all curd ingredients to a saucepan and whisk well. Bring to a simmer and let cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, whisking continuously. Let cool before transferring to baked crusts. Transfer to the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour.
Top Tips for Making Lemon Tartlets
- When pulsing the ingredients for the crust be sure to get it to a fine consistency before adding the wet ingredients.
- Make sure your heat is low enough that the curd is simmering but not boiling.
- Continuously whisk the curd ingredients over medium heat until it thickens. You do not want to walk away and have the curd come to a boil. It may take a bit longer for the curd to thicken. Be patient and continue to whisk.
- Using silicone muffin molds makes it really easy for these tartlets to pop out to be served. If you don't have a silicone muffin mold, you can gently slide a toothpick between the edge of the crust and the pan to help you get it out.
- Make sure the crusts are completely cool (and the curd is cool) before taking the crusts out of the pans and adding the curd to them.
- To change things up, try using Meyer lemons which are slightly sweeter than regular lemons!
- Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar in this recipe to suit your taste preferences!
Serving: 1tartlet | Calories: 185.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13.6g | Saturated Fat: 7.8g | Sodium: 55.5mg | Potassium: 64.5mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 8.6g