Pumpkin Yogurt Parfaits
These Pumpkin Yogurt Parfaits are incredible, and are just what you need this fall. Old fashioned oats, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and honey give you a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert!
For The Yogurt
- 3 cups Plain, Low Fat Yogurt
- 2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp Honey, divided
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, butter, honey, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to coat the oats.
Spread the oats over a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the oats are golden brown, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
When the oats are cool, prepare the yogurt and pumpkin. To make the yogurt layer, combine the plain yogurt with one tablespoon honey and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Use a hand mixer to blend the ingredients until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, one tablespoon of honey, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Whisk to mix.
Use 8-ounce cups to build the yogurt parfaits.Start by adding a layer of granola on the bottom of each cup. Top the granola with a layer of pumpkin, a layer of yogurt, another layer of pumpkin, and another layer of yogurt. Finish by sprinkling the remaining granola on top of each cup.
Top Tips For Making Yogurt Parfaits
- When making the homemade granola, I recommend using old fashioned rolled oats vs. quick cooking or steel cut oats because they toast up the best in the oven (and hold their texture)
- Feel free to adjust the spices as you see fit. Add a little more pumpkin pie spice or back up on the cinnamon; or try all spice, ground ginger, ground nutmeg or ground cardamom.
- For extra protein, use low fat Greek yogurt instead of plain yogurt.
- Feel free to mix up the layers of the parfait with any mix-ins you like! Switch the pumpkin for fresh berries, or stewed apples, or even a mixture of nuts and seeds! For toppings, dark chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, and other kinds of seeds would also be delicious in this parfait recipe.
- To make this vegan friendly, use a dairy free yogurt, vegan butter or coconut oil for the granola, and maple syrup instead of honey.
Serving: 1parfait | Calories: 195.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.3g | Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 5.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 12.7mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 291.3mg | Fiber: 4.7g | Sugar: 18.2g