Vegan Baked Oatmeal
This vegan baked oatmeal with fresh berries is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It makes for an excellent brunch recipe of special occasion breakfast!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup berries, sliced (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries all work well)
In a bowl beat the milk and flax eggs until incorporated. Pour the maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon and whisk to incorporate.
Add the oats, salt, and baking powder and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
Let the batter rest for around 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly flour a baking pan.
Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and take to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Top Tips for Making the Best Vegan Baked Oatmeal
Includes 7g added sugar
- This recipe is highly customizable: feel free to use any fruit you'd like - apples, pears and bananas would all work well. You could also add in nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews would all work well) for some extra texture and crunch!
- To make this gluten-free, use gluten free certified oats
- If you don't have almond milk, any non-dairy milk would work well.
- Do not use steel cut oats or quick oats in this recipe. Because they cook differently than rolled oats they won't hold up as well.
- If you prefer a less sweet baked oatmeal, you can reduce the amount of maple syrup you use. Or if you want the sweeteness with no added sugar, you can substitute the maple syrup for ¼ cup applesauce or mashed banana.
- If you eliminate the maple syrup altogether, add 1-2 tbsp more of almond milk so that there is enough moistness for the oats to absorb.
- If you need a softer consistency, feel free to add a few tbsp more almond milk.
- If you don't have maple syrup, you can use agave.
Calories: 179.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.3g | Protein: 5.1g | Fat: 4.1g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 113.8mg | Fiber: 4.9g | Sugar: 8.4g