Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
These super easy Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies require only 6 simple ingredients. They're low-carb, sugar-free, gluten free, and a total treat!
Servings: 15 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup 88% dark chocolate (sugar free) melted (about 1/2 of the Endangered Species 88% chocolate bar)
- 3 tbsp crushed almonds or peanuts
- ¼ cup Monk Fruit or Erythritol optional, to taste, for a sweeter cookie
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, egg, vanilla, almond flour, and sweetener (if using) until combined
Using your hands, roll 1 tbsp of dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Using a fork, press down on top of each ball in opposite directions to create a crisscross pattern
Bake for 12-15 min until golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool a little more (about 10 minutes)
Dip half of the cookie into the melted chocolate and then into the crushed nuts. Place back on the cooling rack until they are completely cooled down.
- Make sure you use a no sugar added peanut butter (check out this healthiest nut butters guide)
- You don't have to use any sweetener because peanut butter, chocolate, and almonds are already naturally sweet! Try this recipe without the sweetener first and add it in if you feel like you want a sweeter cookie.
- The cookies will work without the almond flour but I recommend it because it adds flavor and texture (and holds the cookies together better!)
- Make sure to press your cookies down with a fork so that they bake evenly.
- If you don't have peanut butter, you can use almond butter as a substitute, but then they are technically almond butter cookies :)
- I haven't tried this recipe with egg alternatives, but a flax egg should theoretically work.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 144.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.5g | Protein: 5.9g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 12.4mg | Sodium: 83.9mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 2.3g