Gluten Free Bread Recipe
This homemade gluten free bread recipe is healthy, easy to make, and has a soft chewy texture! This recipe is keto-friendly as well!
Servings: 16 slices
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp inulin or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Beat at medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and with the help of a spatula even out the top.
Cover with a cloth and let it rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the pan to the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
Let it cool down completely before slicing.
Top Tips For Making Gluten Free Bread
- Make sure you line your loaf pan with parchment paper and then spray it with oil, this will help make sure the bread doesn't stick and is easy to remove from the pan. The narrower your bread pan, the taller your bread will be. I used a 12x4 inch pan for this recipe.
- Psyllium husk is a MUST for this recipe. The bread won’t rise if you don't add it. You can sub it for flaxseed meal, but keep in mind -- the bread will be much more dense.
- If you don't have ghee, you can use butter or coconut oil -- all three of them work just as well!
- You can substitute the full fat sour cream for plain Greek yogurt or for coconut cream + 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- Ingredients at room temperature work best in this recipe.
- Make sure your water is between 95-110 degrees before mixing it with the yeast and other ingredients.
- When you're measuring out your almond meal and flaxseed, spoon both into your measuring cup and then level. That will ensure you don't end up with too much flour and your bread won't be overly dense.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12.3g | Saturated Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 13.7mg | Sodium: 162.6mg | Potassium: 11.2mg | Fiber: 4.8g | Sugar: 0.8g