Baked Courgette Chips with Parmesan
Crispy and cheesy oven baked courgette chips are a healthy alternative to fries or potato chips.
- 1/4 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs Panko breadcrumbs also work
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp low fat or fat free milk
- 2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (1/2 inch thick) about 2 small
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Thinly and evenly slice zucchini using a mandolin or knife.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Top Tips and Variations
- Use a mandolin to get perfectly even thin slices.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Use seasoned salt for added flavor.
- You can use regular breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs for an even crispier chip.
- Try a variety of dipping sauces. My favorite is marinara.
- Press the zucchini prior to baking for a crispy consistency.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 5.3mg | Sodium: 274.2mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 2.3g