Instant Pot Tomato Soup
This Instant Pot Tomato Soup is creamy and delicious with the perfect amount of subtle spice. Less than 75 calories per serving it's a healthy, hearty and easy to make classic recipe.
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1.5 cups chopped red onion
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 28 oz can diced unsalted tomatoes
- 1/2-1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- fresh parsley optional
Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, add 1.5 cups chopped red onion, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 3/8 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring.
Add 4 minced garlic cloves, sauté an additional minute. Deglaze any brown onion from the pot by adding the vegetable broth and scraping the sides with a spatula.
Add 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained, and 1/2 cup vegetable stock (add more if you want a thinner soup). Set to HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
Stir in 1/4 cup whole milk. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the consistency you like.
Optional: Top with fresh parsley, shaved parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
Top Tips For A Light and Creamy Tomato Soup
Adapted from CookingLight.com
- Use the best quality tomatoes available
- Use more vegetable stock, if you want a thinner consistency.
- To make it vegan, substitute the whole milk for your favorite non-dairy milk, or leave it out, and add a bit more vegetable stock.
- Stick with canned tomatoes. Especially if you're making this soup in the winter. Canned tomatoes have a consistent flavor. They’re canned while fresh, which gives them a sweet flavor year round.
- Top with fresh parsley, black pepper, and Parmesan.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 4.6g