Keto Instant Pot Tomato Soup (Low Calorie)
This Keto Instant Pot Tomato Soup is creamy and delicious with the perfect amount of subtle spice. It's also low calorie with sess than 75 calories per serving. A healthy, hearty and easy to make classic recipe.
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chopped red onion
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp hot smoked paprika
- 28 oz can diced unsalted tomatoes
- ½-1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup whole milk use heavy cream for a keto option, use coconut milk for a vegan option
- fresh basil or parsley optional
Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, add 1.5 cups chopped red onion, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 3/8 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring.
Add 4 minced garlic cloves, sauté an additional minute. Deglaze onion from the pot by adding the vegetable broth and scraping the sides with a spatula.
Add 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained, and 1/2 cup vegetable stock (add more if you want a thinner soup). Set to HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
Stir in 1/4 cup whole milk. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to the consistency you like.
Optional: Top with fresh parsley, shaved parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
Adapted from CookingLight.com
- Use the best quality tomatoes available
- Use more vegetable stock, if you want a thinner consistency.
- To make it vegan, substitute the whole milk for your favorite non-dairy milk, or leave it out, and add a bit more vegetable stock.
- Stick with canned tomatoes. Especially if you're making this soup in the winter. Canned tomatoes have a consistent flavor. They’re canned while fresh, which gives them a sweet flavor year round.
- Top with fresh parsley, black pepper, and Parmesan.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.6g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 4.6g