Lentil Cauliflower Curry
This delicious lentil cauliflower curry is a nutritious and flavorful vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dish! It's so easy to make and leaves you with plenty of leftovers!
Servings: 10 servings
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode - normal heat.
Add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger and saute 3-4 minutes until slightly caramelized
Add the spices (cumin through mustard seeds; or cayenne if using) and saute another 1-2 minutes. Then hit the "cancel" button.
Add the red lentils through coconut sugar. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid, and close the pressure valve. Press the 'Pressure Cook' button and make sure it's on high pressure. Set the timer to 20 minutes.
Natural release, then open the Instant Pot and stir everything to combine. Top with cilantro or green onions before serving.
If you don't have an Instant Pot:
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat on the stove.
- Add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté 3-4 minutes until slightly caramelized.
- Add the spices (cumin through mustard seeds; or cayenne if using) and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the red lentils through coconut sugar, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cover the pot. Simmer for up to 1 hour (stirring every 10 minutes or so) or until all of the lentils are completely cooked and the ingredients are combined.
- Top with cilantro or green onions before serving.
- If you want your veggies to be crisper, add them after the curry has cooked in the instant pot, and keep the lid open while you simmer the curry for about 10-20 minutes.
- Make sure to use high pressure on the instant pot.
- Serve with cilantro, green onions and perhaps a naan.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 1.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 602mg | Fiber: 7.4g | Sugar: 2.8g