Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas
It’s a warm, spicy, sweet potato curry that is packed with detoxifying nutrients (perfect post-holidays). It is one of those “dump meals” – where you can just throw everything into one pot and let the deliciousness happen.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz box of baby spinach or baby kale
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers diced
- 2 sweet potatoes diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 5 celery sticks diced
- 7 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 heaping tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 oz crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 15 oz light coconut milk 1 can
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and bell peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes, stirring often until the onions are translucent.
Add the garlic, ginger, corn, spinach/baby kale, and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the rest of your ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.8g | Protein: 9.2g | Fat: 5.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.6g | Sodium: 793.8mg | Fiber: 9.3g | Sugar: 8g