This fresh vegan ratatouille is full of seasonal vegetables simmered in a richly flavored tomato broth. It’s the perfect healthy way to fill up on your veggies while still getting a comforting, warm, and satisfying meal!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow or orange, chopped
- 4 small zucchini quartered & cut into 1/4 inch slices
- ½ large eggplant cubed
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 10 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper or more if you like dishes with a bit of a kick!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa use ¼ cup per serving
Chop all of your veggies. Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven.
Cook the onion and garlic until soft, 5-6 minutes. Add eggplant, peppers and tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
Add zucchini, simmer for 5-10 more minutes or until the veggies have cooked through. Add the herbs, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, simmer 5 minutes more so the flavors can combine.
Serve with quinoa.
Top Tips For Making Vegan Ratatouille
- Prep and chop the vegetables ahead of time to save you time the day you make the recipe.
- You can make it your own by adding in extra vegetables or omitting the ones that you don’t like. Use what you have in your fridge. This can be a kitchen sink type of recipe!
- For best results, use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs. You will get a lot more robust flavor from fresh herbs.
- To switch things up, try roasting the veggies first before tossing with the broth and other ingredients.
- Don't forget to season to taste with salt and pepper!!
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.8g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 3.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 409.6mg | Potassium: 945.2mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 4.2g