Superfood Salad with Healthy Ranch Dressing
This Superfood Salad is going to be your new favorite dish! It’s filled with broccoli, blueberries, sweet Fuji apples, cabbage, spinach, dried cherries, pine nuts, and a healthy, homemade ranch dressing. Ready in just 15 minutes, it's the perfect healthy lunch or light dinner!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup Broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 large Fuji Apple diced
- 1 cup chopped Red Cabbage
- 2-3 cups Baby Spinach/Baby Kale Blend I used Taylor Farms
- 1/8 cup dried cherries unsweetened
- 4 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt I used Stonyfield
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 scallions minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt more to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper more to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Toss all of the salad ingredients (broccoli through pine nuts) in a bowl.
For the dressing: In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine buttermilk and greek yogurt. Using a small whisk, beat until fully incorporated. Add rest of the ingredients (scallions through paprika). Place lid on jar and shake until all seasonings are mixed in.
Toss 1/2 the dressing with the salad, and right before serving, drizzle some (or the rest) of the dressing on top. Taste and add more salt & pepper if needed.
Top Tips For Making Superfood Salad
- Cut all of the ingredients into small, equal, bite-sized pieces. It makes eating the salad so easy to eat!
- Add in additional fruits and veggies as you see fit to enhance or adjust the flavors to your liking.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top right before serving the salad, so it doesn’t get mushy.
- For the dried fruit, make sure you choose a variety with no added sugar!
- Make sure to adjust the salt and pepper for your tastes - I like adding a bit more salt to my salad since the veggies are raw and don't have any other seasoning!
- Buy organic if you can, especially for the dirty dozen, to avoid pesticides.
- If you want to save some of the salad for leftovers later, put some aside and store it in a separate container than the salad dressing. Toss with the dressing right before you serve!
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 10.2g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 4.5g | Sugar: 19g