Vegan Chocolate Mousse (Healthy, Sugar-Free)
This rich, decadent, silky Vegan Chocolate Mousse is the perfect dessert. Made with silken tofu, bananas, tahini, cocoa powder, and maple syrup this mousse is healthy, chocolatey, and so easy to make!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 block silken soft tofu
- 2 large bananas or 3 small
- 2 tbsp tahini or almond butter
- 1½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. If using chia seeds, add to the mixture after blending.
Refrigerate for around 3 hours, ideally overnight.
Healthy Chocolate Mousse Variations
Top Tips For Making Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Cinnamon: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for a warm spiced flavor.
- Cocoa Powder: If you craving even more deep chocolate flavor, add a dusting of cocoa powder on top.
- Nut Butter: If you don’t have tahini, try swapping it for creamy peanut butter or almond butter, or even cashew butter!
- Peppermint Extract: Chocolate and mint are one of my favorite combinations. Add in a ½ a teaspoon of peppermint extract. The combination is amazing!
- Chocolate: Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top of this vegan chocolate mousse. Yummy!
- Chia Seeds: You can add them in ground, or right after you blend the mousse - before you put it in the fridge. Adding them whole gives the mousse a different (but still delicious) texture!
- The longer the chocolate mousse sets in the fridge, the better it will be. I like to allow it to set overnight when I have planned in advance.
- There is no need to over-mix the mousse when you are blending it. Once it’s smooth and creamy, then you are good to go.
- Make this vegan chocolate mousse ahead of time, and transfer it into single-serving containers with airtight lids. Refrigerate for a quick snack or grab and go treat. Each recipe makes 6 servings.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 4.1mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 9.4g