Simple and Fast Lentil and Feta Salad
This simple and quick Lentil and Feta Salad is made with cucumbers, juicy grape tomatoes, red onion, corn, and bell pepper for a high protein, nutrient-packed salad hearty enough to make a meal!
Servings: 10 servings
- 16 oz package steamed brown lentils like the kind from Trader Joe's
- 1 english cucumber diced
- 1 box of grape tomatoes sliced thin
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cup fresh or steamed corn
- ½ red or yellow pepper diced (you could use the whole pepper if you want too!)
- 4 oz Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- black pepper to taste
Top Tips For Making Feta Salad
- Garlic: Add some minced garlic to kick the flavor up a notch.
- Jalapenos: If you like a little bit of heat, go ahead and add in a diced jalapeño.
- Lime Juice: If you find yourself out of lemon juice; you can also use lime juice.
- Red Pepper Flakes: Another great way to add in some extra heat is by sprinkling some red pepper flakes over top.
- White Beans: Don’t have lentils? Try white beans instead. Be sure to drain and rinse your beans if using canned.
- When dicing the vegetables, try to make them uniform in size. It makes the feta salad easier to eat when the cuts are the same size.
- If you don’t have access to grape tomatoes, you can swap them for cherry tomatoes. A sweet tomato enhances the flavor of the salad.
- It’s important to use tomatoes that are room temperature instead of cold. This allows them to provide the most flavor possible.
- Sprinkle some of your go-to herbs on top like parsley, oregano, or cilantro. Use fresh herbs to give the salad an even more amazing aroma.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 3-4 days.
Calories: 110.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Sodium: 365.7mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 1.8g