Peanut Butter Banana, Protein-Packed Overnight Oats
Overnight oats make your mornings simple. They also provide a different texture than traditional hot water oats.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup cooked steel cut oats 1/4 cup uncooked
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain 1% greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2-3/4 cup of any type of fruit sliced strawberries, blueberries, etc
- 1/4 banana
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds or walnuts
- Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg optional
Cook the steel cut oats ahead of time (Tip: I cook steel cut oats in bulk and freeze them in 1 cup portions to use later!)
Combine the cooked oats, and the rest of the ingredients through the banana in a mason jar or tupperware. Stir until combined.
Put the container in the fridge and store overnight.
In the morning, add 1 tbsp sliced almonds or walnuts, cinnamon/nutmeg, stir and enjoy!
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 24.5g | Fat: 14.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Sodium: 88.1mg | Fiber: 11.3g | Sugar: 23g