Vegan Chocolate Truffles
These delicious Vegan Chocolate Truffles with quinoa and peanut butter are the perfect healthy treat. They also happen to be gluten free! These no bake truffles are perfect as a dessert or a snack.
Servings: 24 truffles
- 1/2 cup uncooked truRoots® Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates about 13
- 1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp. truRoots® Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsps. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tsp cinnamon sugar make cinnamon sugar by combining 4 tsp granulated sugar with 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Cool slightly. Process peanuts and dates in food processor until coarsely ground.
Add 2 cups cooked quinoa, peanut butter, chia seeds and cocoa pulsing just until combined.
Shape into 24 balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar. Place into candy cups or baking cups, if desired. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Top Tips for making Peanut Chocolate Chia Quinoa Truffles
I recently partnered with truRoots because I absolutely love their mission: they create Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project® Verified and gluten-free sprouted grains and legumes - while maintaining relationships with farmers, providing transparency in their supply chain, and supporting sustainable farming practices. They sent me some of their products to try, and I've included them in this recipe! Recipe from truRoots.
- This recipe is easily doubled if you would like a bigger batch!
- Store the bites in the refrigerator.
- If you'd like to reduce the sugar coat in cocoa powder instead of cinnamon sugar.
- Use a food processor to pulse and combine all the ingredients. A blender will not work for these.
- Make sure quinoa is cooled before adding to the food processor.
- If you don't have peanuts, or are trying to keep these peanut-free, you can substitute walnuts, almonds, cashews, or even macadamia nuts for the peanuts in this recipe; and use the same amount of another nut butter instead of peanut butter as well.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3.1g | Fat: 5.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Sodium: 45.5mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 4.4g