Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Spinach and Chickpeas
This recipe makes cauliflower the star, roasted to perfection and tossed with a warm dressing, along with some chickpeas for protein, spinach for some greens, and kalamata olives for a nice tangy bite.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head Cauliflower outer leaves removed, cut or broken into bite-size florets/pieces
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 15 oz chickpeas rinsed and drained (1 can)
- 6 oz Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or sheet pan with parchment or foil.
Toss the cauliflower pieces with the 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on the prepared sheet and roast in the oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown, tossing the vegetables once midway through cooking time.
While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the vinegar and mustard seeds in a small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the Dijon mustard, parsley, crushed red pepper, and olive oil. Keep warm.
Place the chickpeas, spinach and olives in a large bowl. Add the hot roasted cauliflower and warm dressing, tossing to wilt the spinach a bit and coat all ingredients lightly with dressing.
Taste and adjust seasonings with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Top Tips for Making Cauliflower Salad
- Make your dressing from scratch! While you could save a little time using store bought, homemade dressing is way more flavorful and you can control all the seasoning.
- Try prepping all the ingredients ahead of time, and just tossing the salad before serving to save time on the day of.
- Try roasting your chickpeas along with the cauliflower for a crunchy texture and caramelized flavor.
Calories: 321.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.3g | Protein: 9.6g | Fat: 18.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Sodium: 556mg | Potassium: 1026mg | Fiber: 10.2g | Sugar: 4g