Tofu Broccoli with Sesame Noodles
Lean protein from the tofu, healthy fats from the sauce, and green veggies make this a winning dish, served with sweet sesame buckwheat noodles.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz package uncooked soba noodles
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 package extra firm tofu cut into cubes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds divided
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger optional
- 5 green onions chopped
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add soba; cook 3 minutes. Add broccoli to pan; cook 3 minutes or until soba and broccoli are done. Drain.
Coat a large pan with cooking spray. Add tofu to the pan, saute on each side until each side is browned and crispy.
Combine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, sugar, crushed red pepper, ginger (if using) and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in noodles, broccoli, and tofu. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and green onions.
Top Tips for Making the Best Tofu Broccoli Sesame Noodles
Adapted from CookingLight
- To check for the right consistency, pull out one noodle from the pot to check for doneness. Soba should not be al dente, it should be fully cooked -- but not cooked for so long that it is mushy.
- Don't forget to press your tofu! Saute the tofu until the sides are crispy.
- Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Feel free to change up the noodles in this dish with any grain you like!
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.2g | Protein: 21.2g | Fat: 17.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 459.4mg | Fiber: 5.5g | Sugar: 1.7g