Linguine with Garlicky Kale and White Beans
Healthy greens, creamy beans, and whole grains make this the perfect well-balanced super-fast dinner. And if you use baby kale and frozen crushed garlic, it saves a TON on prep time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic about 10 cloves, minced
- 16 oz baby kale
- 15 oz can unsalted cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Organic pasta sauce heated (a few tbsp per serving)
- Shredded parmesan cheese 2 Tbsp per serving
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add the kale. Cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add beans, pepper and salt, cook 3 minutes or until heated through.
Build your plate of pasta. Take 1/4 of the pasta, 1/4 of the white beans/kale mixture, a few Tbsp of the pre-made organic pasta sauce, and top with 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of black pepper.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 60.9g | Protein: 17.3g | Fat: 8.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Sodium: 510.2mg | Fiber: 10.7g | Sugar: 2.8g