Carrots for Baby: Stage 1 Puree
Naturally sweet, and full of vitamins and nutrients, carrots for baby are an excellent stage 1 food! It's a simple recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare! Your baby will love this orange vegetable!
Servings: 32 servings
- 2 lbs organic carrots about 7 cups sliced
- 2-2½ cups of water
Wash and peel your carrots, cut off stems.
Cut carrots lengthwise and cut each half into 8-10 pieces.
Throw the carrots into a large pot with the water and cook for 6-8 minutes until the carrots are tender.
Pour the carrots and water into a blender, puree until smooth.
Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, wrap/cover, and freeze.
Adapted from BabyLove
- Stage 1 Baby Food: 4 months and up
- 1 ice cube = 1 oz of food serving
- This should make about 128 tablespoons of food. Assuming your baby eats about 4 tablespoons of food in each sitting, this makes 32 servings.
- Spice up your baby's food! Serve carrots with basil and garlic, or with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- This recipe makes a large quantity. Be sure to freeze so that you have carrot puree for your baby for an entire month or more!
- Use the Mumi & Bubi Trays for easy storage.
- Make sure you have all of the equipment that you need readily available. All you'll need is a good blender, and a large pot for boiling the carrots.
- Use fresh large organic carrots, not baby carrots. Peel and chop into smaller pieces
- Use filtered water when preparing baby food, and adding to your puree.
- Keeps in the freezer for up to 4 months. Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Serving: 4tablespoons | Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.5g | Protein: 0.3g | Sodium: 18.4mg | Potassium: 85.3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g