Healthy Fried Rice with Edamame, Veggies, and Tofu
Thanks to the veggies, lean protein and healthy grains, this dish is also a one-pot meal. Hope you like it as much as we did!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 cups leftover cooked brown rice or freshly cooked minute brown rice
- 3/4 cup finely diced red pepper Equals about 1 red pepper
- 1/8 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup cooked shelled edamame (I use the frozen kind and just defrost it - works great)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen thawed, corn
- 6 ounces firm tofu cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Thai Red Curry Sauce I use Trader Joe's version
- 1/8 cup sliced green onion for topping
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot (over medium high heat)
Add the garlic, red pepper, onion, and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened and aromatic, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the rice, edamame, corn, carrots, peas and tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Add the soy sauce and incorporate thoroughly
When cooking is almost complete, add the Thai Red Curry Sauce and top with green onion.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.3g | Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 5.8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 320.2mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2.7g