Vegan Tofu Fried Rice
Vegan Tofu Fried Rice is super satisfying, healthy and flavorful. It's packed with nutrients, and it’s a one-pot meal that can be thrown together in around 20 minutes! Family-friendly and kid-approved!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 cups leftover cooked brown rice
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- ⅛ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup cooked, shelled edamame
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn
- 6 ounces firm tofu cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Thai Red Curry Sauce Or coconut milk + 1 tsp curry powder
- ⅛ cup sliced green onion for topping
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot (over medium high heat). Add your tofu cubes and pan fry until golden brown on each side. Remove the tofu from the pan and transfer to a plate.
Add 1 tsp olive oil to the pan and add the garlic, red pepper, onion, and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened and aromatic, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the rice, edamame, corn, carrots, peas and tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Add the soy sauce and incorporate thoroughly
When cooking is almost complete, add the Thai Red Curry Sauce and top with green onion.
Top Tips For Making Vegan Tofu Fried Rice
- Don’t start cooking until the pan is very hot. This will allow the ingredients to cook properly and give you the best texture too.
- Press your tofu before pan frying it!
- Feel free to add an extra drizzle or two of soy sauce right before serving. Yum!
- You can use leftover rice or freshly cooked rice. Both offer great textures and flavors.
- Feel free to make as many ingredient substitutions as you like - this recipe is very flexible!
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g