Zucchini Flatbread with Fresh Corn
This corn and zucchini flatbread is fresh, flavorful, and super easy to make! Whole wheat naan is crisped in the oven, then topped with sweet corn, crisp zucchini and Italian herbs and spices. It's a super family friendly meal that even picky kids will love!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 Whole wheat naan bread or pita bread
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½-1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese Use ¼ cup per flatbread
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 1 tsp per flatbread
Heat a pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic, corn, squash, salt, pepper, onions, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper in 2 tsp olive oil in a pan. Cook through for 5-10 minutes.
Warm naan in the oven or the toaster oven. Brush with 1/4 tsp olive oil.
Top each flatbread with the zucchini mixture (about ½ cup per flatbread, but you can put as much of it on as you like).
Then, add ¼ cup cheese and 1 tsp fresh thyme to each flatbread.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top Tips For Making Zucchini Flatbread
Adapted from CookingLight.com
- Use a whole wheat naan, pita bread, or a sprouted wheat tortilla for additional fiber
- Feel free to switch up the cheeses and toppings to suit your family's tastes!
- You don't need fresh corn for this recipe - canned or frozen would work just as well. If you use frozen corn, defrost it in the microwave or in the fridge before sautéing with the other veggies.
- Don't overload on cheese, a little goes a long way!
- This recipe is for 2 flatbreads, and depending on how big your zucchini are, you may end up with toppings for a little more than 2 flatbreads. Use the leftover toppings as a filling for tacos, quesadillas, or just make more flatbreads the next day! :)
Serving: 1flatbread | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 1181mg | Potassium: 856mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g