Cheesy Baked Asparagus
Cheesy Baked Asparagus with mozzarella and parmesan is an amazing dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a side dish. Quick, easy and full of freshness and flavor.
Servings: 8 servings
For the Asparagus:
- 2 pounds asparagus trimmed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tomatoes optional
Preheat oven to 400 degreed F.
Wash and chop 2 pounds of asparagus. The ends of asparagus can be tough. Bend the asparagus until it snaps in two. The lower portion is the tough part you'll want to discard.
Place the trimmed asparagus in a 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, add minced garlic, and top with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and evenly coat.
Pour the milk evenly over the asparagus.
Add the shredded mozzarella cheese, and parmesan over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until the cheese is golden brown and begins to bubble. Top with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- Use the freshest asparagus you can find.
- Double the ingredients if you are serving a group!
- If you are making this for little kids, you can cook the asparagus slightly longer and cut it up into small bite-sized pieces to make them easy for little ones to eat.
- Feel free to broil this dish for 1 minute after it has finished baking to get the cheese even more golden brown and crispy.
- Add more or less cheese to your liking. And feel free to add some bread crumbs on top for additional texture!
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g