Vegan Apple Crumble (Easy + Gluten Free)
This Gluten Free, Vegan Apple Crumble is a delicious fresh fruit compote topped with a healthy mixture of oats, nuts, and spices. Served warm, it's naturally sweet and vegan-friendly. Perfect for a healthy dessert for the whole family!
Servings: 10 servings
For the filling:
- 2 pounds Organic Fuji or Gala apples peeled and cut into ¼ inch cubes (about 6 medium sized apples)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar unpacked
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ½ tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice About the juice from 1 lemon
- 1 dash Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss the apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon, salt, and cornstarch. Add one tablespoon of the sugar to the apples. Toss to coat.
Pour 1¼ cups of old fashioned oats into a blender and blend until finely ground. Add the blended flour to a large bowl and mix with remaining oats, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, nuts, and melted coconut oil.
Add the apples to the baking dish and top with the oat mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Variations and Serving Suggestions
Top Tips For Making this Vegan Apple Crumble
- Serving Suggestions: Homemade whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, candied nuts sprinkled on top, fresh fruit on the side, powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or ground cinnamon sprinkled on top are some of our favorite ways to serve this gluten free apple crisp.
- Apple Variations: Try a combination of apples including -- Gala, Fuji, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Pink Lady. Feel free to substitute in a totally different fruit like pear or peaches for a twist on the traditional apple crisp!
- Spices Variations: Try your favorite fall spices -- nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, all spice, cloves, cardamom, and ginger
- Nuts: Try almonds or hazelnuts along with (or instead of) the pecans and walnuts. Or make it nut free and omit the nuts altogether.
Note: Each serving has only 5.6g added sugar per serving
- Use Gluten Free Oats to make this gluten-free.
- Make sure to coat your baking dish with cooking spray.
- Be sure to serve this crisp warm! Top it with homemade whipped cream or ice cream for more decadence.
- This apple crumble will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Make sure the coconut oil is melted before you combine it with the topping - this will ensure it mixes well.
Calories: 206.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.4g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6.3g | Sodium: 17.8mg | Potassium: 116.4mg | Fiber: 3.9g | Sugar: 14.6g