Pear Gorgonzola Pizza
With just five easy ingredients, this Pear Gorgonzola Pizza with Walnuts is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! Gooey fontina cheese, fresh pears, savory gorgonzola cheese, and crunchy walnuts all on top of whole-wheat pizza dough makes for a mind-blowing delicious meal!
Servings: 8 servings / slices
- 1 package of fresh whole wheat pizza dough or a whole wheat flatbread (I used the kind from Trader Joe's)
- 1½ Bosc pears thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 2-3 oz Gorgonzola cheese
- ⅓-½ cup chopped walnuts
Spread out your dough on a baking sheet. Lightly brush 1 tsp olive oil on the dough. Top with Fontina cheese, Pear slices, Gorgonzola and Walnuts in that order.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is slightly golden.
Gorgonzola Pizza Variations
Top Tips For Making Pear Gorgonzola Pizza
- Caramelized Onions: Add some caramelized onions to the top of the pizza - they go wonderfully with the flavors of the gorgonzola cheese.
- Add Some Greens! To get even more nutrients, add some washed and trimmed arugula on top of the pizza. It will provide a burst of flavor and color.
- Try Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle some fresh rosemary or thyme on top of the finished pizza. It’s a beautiful way to enhance the flavors even more.
- Use Different Cheese: If you aren't a fan of gorgonzola cheese, try feta cheese or goat cheese instead! Alternatively, you could try gouda or mozzarella, or omit the gorgonzola and use fontina cheese instead.
- Try a Different Fruit: Apples slices, or even peaches would work well with this pizza!
- Slice the pears as thin as you can. That way, the flavor of the pears melts into the cheese and adds a creaminess to the pizza.
- Watch your pizza to make sure it doesn't overcook. Typically 10 to 12 minutes is all you need for it to cook perfectly. With pre-made pizza dough, it can overcook quickly and then the dough becomes too crispy and tough.
- Brushing the pizza dough with olive oil before adding the toppings and baking is critical to getting that golden brown crust!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g