Butternut Squash Ravioli with Parmesan, Walnuts and Arugula
Sometimes cheating with storebought pasta just makes dinner a little easy. I choose a healthier brand and make up my own sauce.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 package butternut squash ravioli + 1 seasoning packet if you're using ravioli other than Pasta Prima's, you just need dried oregano, garlic powder and finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese + 2 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 heaping bunch of arugula
- Pasta water reserved
- 1/4-1/3 cup chopped walnuts chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cook the pasta according to package directions. When finished, spoon the pasta into a large skillet on medium heat that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Reserve the pasta water for later.
Arrange the pasta in the skillet so it warms. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, arugula and walnuts. Add a couple ladles of the pasta water so it forms a nice sauce with the melted cheese & olive oil.
Toss the pasta with the rest of the ingredients until everything is heated through and the cheese has melted into a sauce. Add 1-2 more ladles of pasta water if needed.
Plate the ravioli and top with 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese (per serving).