Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Pear and Arugula
This mouth-watering goat cheese grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect lunch or light dinner! Creamy goat cheese is the star of the show, and it goes beautifully with freshly sliced pears and a drizzle of honey. Ready in less than 20 minutes, you can’t help but fall head over heels in love with this sandwich.
Servings: 1 serving
- Handful of Fresh arugula/spinach
- 1 oz Goat cheese
- 2 slices crusty whole grain bread
- Drizzle of honey
- ⅓ Pear sliced (Bosc or Barlett both work well)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
Slice your baguette into 1/2-3/4 inch thick slices. Freeze any slices you're not going to use - they heat up great in the oven or toaster oven!
Top one slice with goat cheese, pear slices and drizzle the honey on top.
Top with arugula, season with salt & pepper.
Top with the second slice of bread. Spray a grill pan or panini press with olive oil cooking spray. Grill the sandwich in a panini press or on a grill pan until the outside is crispy and golden brown (about 3-5 minutes on a panini press, slightly longer on a grill pan).
Top Tips For Making Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Change Up The Fruit: Try apples, peaches or different varieties of pear!
- Try Different Cheeses: Instead of goat cheese, try brie, feta, mozzarella, cheddar or gouda.
- Try a Different "Drizzle": Instead of drizzling honey on top, you could try maple syrup or agave, or leave off the sweet drizzle altogether.
- Make it Spicy: If you want a little extra spice you could sprinkle on some red pepper flakes.
- Lightly spray your grill pan or panini press with olive oil cooking spray before grilling your sandwiches. This will allow you to get that crispy, crunchy exterior without needing a ton of butter or oil.
- If using a grill pan, press down on your sandwich with a spatula or another pan while it's cooking to get that "pressed" feeling without an actual panini press.
- Keep a close watch on your panini press as you're grilling the sandwiches so that they don't burn. Take them out when they are a little bit golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 285kcal | Protein: 13.7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 5.6g | Sugar: 9.6g