Spinach and Arugula Salad with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
This salad is bright, light, and peppery – the perfect summer salad! Pair it with any entree for an easy and healthy dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup Organic corn
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- 5 cups Fresh arugula
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tbsp Sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic (optional)
Add your arugula, spinach, corn, tomatoes and goat cheese to a salad bowl and toss gently.
Make your salad dressing by combining 1 tbsp olive oil, 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. You can also add 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic for even more flavor!
Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together until combined.
Toss the dressing with the salad ingredients, and then top with slivered toasted almonds.
Top tips for making Spinach and Arugula Salad
- You can prepare the salad ingredients and salad dressing separately and keep them in the fridge for several hours before tossing the salad and serving.
- Toss the salad 5-10 minutes before serving so the arugula doesn't wilt before people have a chance to eat it!
- You can use any kind of cheese you like: parmesan would work great in this salad, as would a sharp cheddar
- I recommend fresh corn if you can find some, but if not you can also use frozen & thawed or canned corn as well.
- To make this dish vegan, simply omit the goat cheese or use a vegan substitute
- Feel free to add chopped fresh herbs to this salad! Fresh basil, marjoram, parsley, or even chives would all work well.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4.2mg | Sodium: 53.6mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 2g