Healthy Guacamole Recipe
This healthy guacamole recipe is easy and simple to make. It's a great variation on the authentic Mexican recipe. It's perfect to serve as a topping on tacos and enchiladas, or great as a dip with some chips.
Servings: 10 huge servings
Remove flesh of avocado and add to a bowl. Mash coarsely with a fork.
Finely chop onion, tomato, chipotle peppers, and cilantro. Add to bowl.
Squeeze lemon and lime juice over the top of the avocado. Add spices.
Mix to combine. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
Top Tips for Making this Healthy Guacamole Recipe
Adapted from Must Have Been Something I Ate
- Use ripe avocados.
- Use fresh cilantro leaves for maximum flavor.
- Use fresh lemon and lime juice, not the bottled varieties!
- Seed and dice your tomatoes so they don't make your guac too watery
- For kids, omit the chipotle and cayenne.
- You can make this guac as smooth or as chunky as you like.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 62mg | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 0.2g