Frozen Vegetable Stir Fry
This frozen vegetable stir fry recipe is the ultimate Asian dinner made with tofu, vegetables, soy sauce, and red curry sauce! Ready in just 20 minutes, you'll love this healthy and tasty meal that tastes way better than takeout!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sprays Olive oil cooking spray
- 16oz package Organic Sprouted Firm Tofu cut into cubes
- 7oz package Teriyaki (or Savory) Baked Tofu cut into cubes
- 2 16oz Packages of Frozen Asian Mixed Veggies (about 10 cups) I like to get the one with the greatest variety of veggies - e.g. broccoli, carrots, green beans, snap peas, etc.
- 3 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 sprinkle crushed red pepper more to taste
- ¼ cup Red Curry Sauce You can pretty much use any bottled curry or teriyaki sauce mixture you like – check out the Asian section in your supermarket. But make sure to get a sauce that has vegetarian (or vegan) friendly ingredients!
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice or quinoa use 1/4 cup cooked per serving
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds as a garnish alternatively, use chopped cashews
- salt and pepper (or a hot sauce like siracha) to taste
Cook the brown rice or quinoa first – because that takes the longest to cook in this recipe. Cut your tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Saute the tofu cubes until slightly crispy on the outside, add 1 Tbsp soy sauce towards the end of cooking for flavor.
Heat a separate large pan or wok over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then pour the frozen veggies into the pan.
Stir fry 5 minutes until the veggies are cooked through, add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper, and remaining soy sauce. Cook another 5 minutes until everything is combined.
Add the tofu cubes to the veggies, and the Red Curry Sauce. Stir fry lightly on medium-low heat until the entire mixture is heated through (about 5 minutes).
Adjust seasonings as needed, add hot sauce if you like it spicy. Sprinkle sesame seeds or cashews on top. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
- Use frozen veggies to keep things quick and simple!
- Don't over cook the vegetables or they will be mushy.
- Make sure your veggies are all cut into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly and at the same rate.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.1g | Protein: 26.9g | Fat: 15.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Sodium: 1014.8mg | Potassium: 10.5mg | Fiber: 7.3g | Sugar: 6.3g