Easy Pita Pizza Recipe
This amazingly easy, pita bread pizza recipe is healthy comfort food that can be thrown together in just 15 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Whole wheat pita breads make sure you get one that has ~130 calories and at least 4g fiber per round
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese you can use up to 1/4 cup per pizza, no more than that!
- 8 tbsp Pizza sauce more or less as needed
Warm your pita bread in a toaster oven or in a pan over low heat and chop your veggies
Top 1 pita bread with 1-2 Tbsp sauce, and a handful of each of the veggies (use as much as you like – the more veggies, the more fiber and nutrients are on your pizza!) I like to use a ton of veggies.
Top with 1/4 cup of cheese, or less depending on how much cheese you like (1/4 cup is about 100 calories)
Heat the pizzas in a toaster oven until the cheese melts. Alternatively, if you don’t have a toaster oven, you can heat the pizzas under a broiler at 350 degrees until the cheese melts (or in your regular oven at 350 degrees).
Top Tips For Making Pita Pizza
- Don’t put too many toppings on the pizza, or it’s harder to eat. I recommend sticking with ¼ cup of cheese along with your other toppings.
- Feel free to saute veggies in a skillet with some olive oil to give them a caramelized flavor.
- Don’t cook the pizzas for too long, so they don’t burn. Once the cheese is melted, they are good.
- Let the pizza sit for a couple of minutes to cool down before you slice it. If you slice it when it's too hot, the cheese and toppings will ooze off the pita bread!
Serving: 1pita | Calories: 276.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.9g | Protein: 16.9g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 975.5mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3.5g