Goat Cheese Flatbread with Zucchini Ribbons and Raisins
This Goat Cheese Flatbread with zucchini ribbons and raisins a are a match made in heaven! It's a light and fresh flatbread that was made for sharing with friends and family.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 package fresh whole wheat pizza dough I like the one from Trader Joe’s
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup or about 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese or soft goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins or Natural Raisins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest in a medium bowl and set aside.
Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler along the length of the zucchini to make thin “ribbons.” Mix zucchini ribbons thoroughly with the olive oil mixture.
Spread the goat cheese evenly over the flatbread.
Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the cheese. Add the zucchini ribbons evenly on top of the flatbread, lightly folding and mounding them.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
Bake the flatbread either directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Top Tips for Making Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Use a whole wheat pizza dough for the base.
- Evenly distribute the toppings on the pizza.
- This pizza is cooked in the oven, but you could also use a grill.
- Use fresh veggies. This pizza will pair nicely with numerous veggies such as bell peppers.
- You don't need a lot of cheese, use just enough to give it a nice creamy texture.
- Pine nuts add a nice crunch, and are a great source of vitamin E - but you can use any nuts you have on hand! Almonds would also work great!
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.4g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 6.6g | Sodium: 318.5mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 4.6g