Skinny Maple Granola
Storebought granola often comes with far too much sugar and feels very heavy. Make your own skinny granola at home to control the ingredients.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 8 Tbsp Sliced Almonds/Cashews/Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit Raisins, Cherries, Cranberries - just make sure there is no sugar added
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread oats and quinoa on a parchment lined baking sheet, toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring once.
Remove oats/quinoa from the oven, pour into a bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients.
Spread back onto a baking sheet, and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
Top tips for making Healthy Maple Granola
Inspired by ForagedLove
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Use your favorite dried fruits in this recipe.
- To save time, get a bag of mixed nuts and chop them up (that way you don't have to add each type of nut individually!)
- Serve with unsweetened Greek yogurt for more of a protein hit!
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.8g | Sodium: 17mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 6g