Healthy Cheese Dip with Smoky Onions and Kale
This healthy cheese dip made with smoky onion and kale is packed full of flavor. It's a lightened up sharing dip, perfect for pot lucks, BBQ's and parties!
Servings: 32 servings
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz bag of baby kale, chopped
- 8 oz lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Organic Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese divided
Spray large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, Chipotle Mayonnaise, 4 tbsp Asiago/Parmesan cheese and cook over low heat, stirring, until well blended.
Spray 1-quart baking dish with olive oil cooking spray, then spoon onion and kale mixture into dish. Sprinkle with remaining Asiago/Parmesan.
Broil dip until cheese browns and mixture is bubbling, about 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with cut up vegetables, sliced whole grain baguette and/or whole grain tortilla chips.
Top tips for making Smoky Onion and Kale Dip
- Use a low fat cream cheese to cut down on calories.
- Use an organic mayo with natural ingredients like this one.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray to keep from sticking to the pan.
- Serve hot, but let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Use baby organic kale to save chopping time and get a more delicate texture.
- Serve with cut raw veggies, whole wheat pita chips, sprouted wheat crackers or organic tortilla chips for dipping!
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.1g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 54mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.1g