Spinach Ginger Smoothie
This Spinach Ginger Smoothie, is healthy, low carb and delicious! It's packed with great flavors and has a satisfyingly creamy texture!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup homemade almond milk or any boxed unsweetened almond milk that doesn't have carrageenan
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup baby spinach
Peel ginger, and roughly chop.
Add almond milk, almond butter, ginger, spinach and nutmeg to your blender.
If using a high speed blender start on low and slowly increase the speed until all ingredients are blended. Bring speed back to low. Pour into cups and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making this Spinach Ginger Smoothie
Modified from Eat Fat, Get Thin
- Use the freshest ingredients possible.
- Add ice cubes or frozen spinach, if you want the smoothie to be colder.
- Load your blender liquids first, then spices, then vegetables.
- Blend until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- If you don't have almond butter you can use any other nut or seed butter.
- To increase the protein in this recipe, add in 1/2 cup-1 cup of Greek Yogurt and/or an all natural protein powder
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 209.1mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 2g