My secret ingredients in this guacamole are edamame and Greek Yogurt. An added bonus: This version packs about half the calories and three times the protein as regular guac!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups shelled edamame beans
- 1/4 cup Organic NonFat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper minced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp green onions minced
- 1/2 tsp salt more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper more to taste if needed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with healthy organic, chips (about 100-120 calories per serving) - I used Late July
Place edamame in the bowl of a food processor and process to a paste, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. This should take less than a minute.
Add yogurt, lime juice, garlic, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, green onions, salt, pepper and olive oil to the food processor. Process to combine. Add more salt and pepper if needed, to taste. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1.33cups | Calories: 86.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6.7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 240.5mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1.3g