Roasted Tomato and Garlic Soup
I roast the tomatoes and add in garlic to bring out a deep, savory flavor, combine it with some cooked brown rice (my secret ingredient instead of cream!) to make it creamy, and I use an immersion blender to blend the soup right there in the pot.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 10 oz carton of cherry or grape tomatoes or 10oz of any tomato you like!
- 8 garlic cloves
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 15 oz unsalted fire-roasted diced tomatoes undrained (1 can)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your tomatoes in half and arrange on a baking sheet: coat with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly charred. Reserve juices.
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add roasted tomatoes, garlic, rice, vegetable stock, fire roasted diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot. Divide into 4 bowls, top with chives if desired.
Serving: 1.25cups | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.4g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 1.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 438.4mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 5.5g