Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie
A nutritious fruit and vegetable smoothie that's super tasty and refreshing and has 2-3 servings of fruits and veggies in each glass.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 medium orange peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 medium banana peeled
- 1 carrot halved
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach washed
- 1 fuji apple quartered and seeded
- 1 cup of ice
Put all ingredients into your blender (or Vitamix if you have one) in the order listed and secure the lid.
Turn your blender on to it's lowest speed setting, and slowly increase the speed to high. Blend for 1 minute or until all of the ingredients have been pureed and the smoothie is the consistency you want it to me (our ideal consistency: no clumps, no grainy texture, totally smooth).
Top Tips for Making a Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie
Note: Nutritional info uses 4 cups baby spinach
- Use a high speed blender. You are adding all these ingredients in their whole natural form, and want to blend them into a creamy smoothie without chunks. A high speed blender will do the trick!
- Feel free to use the fruits and veggies you have on hand. At the end of the week, you may have some veggies and fruits that need to be eaten, throw them in to create your own fruit and veggie smoothie.
- Try using frozen fruit! Freezing your banana and pineapple will create a cool smoothie without the need to add any ice!
- To increase the protein in this recipe, add in 1/2 cup-1 cup of Greek Yogurt and/or your favorite protein powder.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 48.6mg | Potassium: 324.4mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18.3g