Spicy Cauliflower Soup with Curry
This Spicy Cauliflower Soup with Curry is topped with crunchy cashews and served with warm naan bread to totally hit the spot! It's vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free -- and will be ready in 30 minutes!
Servings: 10 cups
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden.
Add the cauliflower, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Add coconut milk, and up to 1 cup of water (use more or less depending on how thin you want your soup to be).
Bring to a low boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
Blend the soup with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached. If using a standing blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with the cashews and cilantro before serving.
Top Tips For Spicy Cauliflower Soup
Adapted from Dr. Weil’s Cauliflower Soup.
- If using a stand blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot.
- To add more protein to this soup, add one 15oz can of rinsed & drained cannelini beans at the same time you add the cauliflower into the soup. Let the beans cook with the rest of the ingredients and puree everything together. You might have to adjust the spices if you do choose to add the beans.
- If you don't have fresh cauliflower, you can use frozen cauliflower.
- Garnish with cashews and cilantro.
- If freezing, allow to cool before placing in freezer safe containers.
Calories: 58.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.8g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 3.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 221.8mg | Potassium: 291.2mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 2.6g