Whole Wheat Linguine with Spinach Herb Pesto
Whole Wheat Linguine with Spinach Herb Pesto is a quick and easy dinner recipe that comes together in about 30 minutes! It’s a delicious way to sneak some extra veggies in, too!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated and divided (about 1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- Diced tomatoes optional
Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove plastic wrap; cool slightly.
Place spinach, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor. Process until chopped.
Add broth, juice, and salt; pulse 5 times. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended. Scrape into a bowl; stir in half of cheese. Cover with plastic wrap.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
As soon as the pasta is done, toss pasta with 1/2 cup pesto. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture on each of ; top each serving with 2 tablespoons remaining pesto, diced tomatoes, and 1 1/2 teaspoons remaining cheese.
Top tips for making Whole Wheat Linguine with Spinach Herb Pesto
Adapted from CookingLight
- When cooking the pasta, add it to salted, boiling water.
- Cook the pasta al dente and don't rinse it after you drain it.
- If you have any left over pesto, keep in in a sealable glass jar and top it up with olive oil to keep it fresh.
- Wash your herbs well before making the pesto.
- Pesto freezes really well! Just portion it in ice cubes!
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 12.9g | Fat: 9.7g | Sodium: 327mg | Fiber: 8.3g