Where to buy Holle, HiPP and Lebenswert formula in the US: The Best Trustworthy Vendors in 2020!This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Many of you know that when I had Layla, breastfeeding was not easy. I stuck with it for as long as I could, but eventually I needed to supplement with formula. After a ton of online research, discussions with doctors, and conversations with friends, I came up with this list of the best organic formulas for your baby (with Holle, HiPP, and Lebenswert formula ranking at the top of the list).
In coming up with the list, I realized that all of the healthiest baby formulas are produced in Europe. So in addition to identifying the formulas, I needed to find reliable places to buy European formula in the US.
The good news is – since Layla was born 5 years ago, there are many more places where you can buy baby formula in the US! The bad news is, there are also still a lot of untrustworthy vendors out there. That’s why I have created a thorough screening process to find the most most trustworthy online vendors that I could feel comfortable recommending as places to buy Holle, HiPP and Lebenswert formula in the US.
As of January 2020, the below 5 online retailers are the safest and most reliable places to buy European formulas.
Top 5 Places to Buy Holle, HiPP, and Lebenswert Formula in the US
Huggable is the most reliable, reputable, online retailer for buying healthy, organic European formulas. Huggable is based in the Bay Area and founded by a mom who (just like me) was looking for healthier baby formula options for her little one. Madhu, the owner, is committed to making the first year of feeding your baby as easy and stress-free as possible.
What makes Huggable stand out?
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Formula arrives within 1-5 business days
- Baby satisfaction guarantee: if a formula isn’t right for your baby, they’ll send you a box of another to try, 100% FREE.
- Easy to see the ingredients in each of the formulas you buy. For HiPP: You can see the ingredients here, For Lebenswert: you can see the ingredients here, and For Holle: you can see the ingredients here.
- They give back to the community via their Huggable Supermom Scholarship!
MyOrganicCompany is the only online retailer I’ve found that literally has every formula you can think of. They are always in stock of HiPP Dutch, HiPP UK, HiPP Germany, Holle, Lebenswert, Goat Milk formula, and the sensitive formulas (HiPP HA, Comfort, Anti-Reflux); but they even have Loulouka, Good Night Formula from HiPP, Stage 3 and Stage 4 formula from HiPP, Holle, Lebenswert and Loulouka!
What Makes MyOrganicCompany stand out?
- Guaranteed availability of ALL the European formulas
- The only reputable supplier of Loulouka
- They offer one of the largest varieties that is also the most expansive. They carry stages up until 2 years old, so that moms have the option to continue offering high quality milk to their toddlers.
- The business started in 2017 and now has three different warehouses across the USA to ensure formula gets to you asap.
- A subscribe & save option (up to 7%) with delivery every 1-8 weeks. The option to buy in bulk to save more.
- Free shipping on all orders $50 and up, arriving within 2-3 business days.
- Receive an additional 10% off using the code “THEPICKYEATER” at checkout
- Amazing customer support (turnaround within 24 hours)
- A comprehensive mixing guide in case customers lose their instructions!
DutchExpatShop is pretty awesome because they are the most affordable online retailer for HiPP Dutch, and they always have it in stock.
What Makes DutchExpatShop stand out?
- Guaranteed availability of HiPP Dutch
- Cheapest HiPP Dutch pricing when you buy in bulk (which offsets the cost of shipping)
- They sell HiPP Comfort which is a hypoallergenic option that some of the US retailers don’t currently carry
- Direct shipping from the Netherlands
- Wide selection of Baby Care products from the Netherlands
- Ability to buy non-baby formula products from Holland and Belgium (even stuff for mama like yummy snacks, fresh cheeses, beauty products, body care and more!)
Organic Baby Food is a reputable, online retailer based in the EU who has fast shipping to the US! They sell HiPP, Lebenswert, and Holle, along with Hypoallergenic formula and Goat’s Milk formula. They have reasonable prices, reliable shipping (within 1-3 business days!), amazing customer support, and I have been in contact with the owner personally.
What Makes OrganicBabyFood Stand Out?
- Guaranteed delivery within 2 days
- Money back if your shipment is delayed
- Dedicated customer support (a few hours turnaround time for emails or direct phone support at 1-800-701-4303)
- Occasional promotions and discounts (sometimes up to 60%)
- They are also giving readers of The Picky Eater a 10% off coupon code at checkout – just use the code: PICKY and you will get the discount!
- They carry organic cereals and snacks for babies from HiPP/Holle/Leb, as well as a line of baby care products (shampoo, lotion, calendula) that are gentle and free of any synthetic ingredients so they are perfect for babies!
When it comes to affordability, Bottles & Burps is the lowest priced US retailer I have found that sells HiPP, Holle, and Lebenswert formula. I met with Courtney and Blake, the co-owners, and learned that they had the same experience as I did when trying to find healthy formula for their little one. They are committed to bringing high quality, European formula to parents in the US.
What makes Bottles and Burps stand out?
- Bulk pricing discounts which start at 2 boxes of formula for a 5% discount and increase to a 15% discount for 8 boxes.
- They are the only US retailer that carries HiPP Comfort
- FREE shipping for orders over $15
- Orders arrive between 1-3 days in the US (same day for NYC!)
- $10 discount code using the code PICKYEATER10 (just enter it manually in the checkout process!)
Note: I’m in personal contact with and feel comfortable recommending to you as reliable and safe places to purchase European formulas.
Please note that The Picky Eater is not responsible for the quality of either the formula itself or the experience of ordering from any of the distributors listed above. I am simply saying that based on my research, if I were buying a European formula for my own child, I would feel 100% comfortable getting it from any of the vendors listed in this post.