Banana Chocolate Chunk Frozen Yogurt (or “Ice Cream”!)This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Banana fake-out ice cream is all the rage these days. It’s kind of like the coolest healthy swap ever, because guilt-free ice cream that actually tastes delicious is hard to make!
That’s not the case anymore 🙂
It’s crazy that just one simple ingredient — frozen bananas — can turn something like ice cream healthy. And you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it or any fancy equipment — all you need is a freezer and a food processor/blender.
Frozen bananas and Plain Greek Yogurt serve as the base. You could do it without Greek Yogurt, but I’ve found that adding a bit of the yogurt gives it an even more ice-cream like consistency (I used Stonyfield Farms Plain Greek Yogurt for this recipe). And, as an added benefit, you get a ton of protein from the yogurt, which helps this dessert to actually be a filling treat.
And then you can add in any mix-ins you’d like! For this recipe, I chose walnuts and dark chocolate.
But if you used frozen berries and peanut butter (for a PB&J feel) – this recipe would turn into something you could eat as a meal.
Ice cream for breakfast anyone? 🙂
Either way, you can’t go wrong with this recipe! It’s guaranteed to be a family-favorite, even the pickiest kids will like it!
Banana Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- 2 bananas frozen
- 3/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Optional mix-ins: 1/2 cup frozen berries and 1 tbsp peanut butter OR 2 tbsp Pecans + 1/2 tsp cinnamon, the sky's the limit!
- Place frozen banana chunks in a food processor. Blend until you have coarse crumbs.
- Add the yogurt and blend 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the chocolate and walnuts and pulse a few times until incorporated.
- Serve immediately, or place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes for a firmer, more ice cream-like consistency.